Individual Tax Partner
Yves is leading the Individual Tax department within Baker Tilly. In this role he and his team advise clients on all aspects of personal tax and (international) employment. In addition, Yves coordinates the HR-Team and is responsible partner of the payroll department.
I am responsible for a national and international portfolio of clients whom I support with international employment structures in tax and social security matters, local tax issues and payroll services. I assist listed and SME companies on a daily basis, always looking for a practical solution for the client.
Especially in the context of globalisation, my many years of experience in assisting foreign executives (expats) with tax and social security matters, as well as with the implementation of salary splits, is very useful.
In addition, I specialise in HR services and consultancy. As head of our payroll department, I am responsible for coordinating the monthly Belgian payroll for both Belgian and international clients. Furthermore, I advise our clients on implementing tax-friendly remuneration techniques, share option plans and bonus plans.
I am also a regular guest speaker at various seminars on, for example, the renewed car tax and international employment.
Finally, I am an active member of the Global Mobility core team within Baker Tilly International.
I enjoy spending my free time with friends and family and our 2 dogs. We really love long walks inland and at the coast.
I also like to go on the road with my racing bike. Every now and then, we also take part in recreational cycling races with a team of colleagues.
Previously worked on:
- Tax support and payroll for expats in Belgium
- Elaboration of salary structures in the context of wage optimisation and implementation of bonus plans at both Belgian companies and multinationals.
- Advising Belgian companies that are starting up with staff abroad.
- Fiscal guidance of employees of foreign embassies in Belgium
- Assisting foreign companies that are starting to work for the first time with staff in Belgium. This both in terms of the tax and social security consequences for the employees and guiding the employer in the start-up of the payroll in Belgium.